Strategy 1 of 7
- Understanding of the customer requirements through partnership approach.
- Identification and analysis of Low-Zero Carbon (LZC) technology options suitable to the site.
- Examination and development of decarbonisation and optimisation strategies for existing plant and equipment.
- Iterative feedback for master planning activities to optimise the deployment of energy infrastructure.
- Understanding of the local and national policy landscape influencing the development of LZC energy infrastructure & heat networks.
Funding Applications & Facilitation 2 of 7
Funding Applications & Facilitation
- Identification of both public and private sector third party funding for schemes.
- Experts in successful securing capital grant funding from Central and Scottish Government eg: Heat Network Investment Project (HNIP), Green Heat Network Fund (GHNF), Low Carbon Infrastructure Transition Programme (LCITP).
- Provision of advisory services for debt and equity funding and Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) formation.
Commercial Modelling 3 of 7
- Production of commercial models for energy generators utilising heat as a potential income stream and electricity via private wire, including local renewable and EV off-takes.
- Heat mapping and identification of potential anchor loads.
- Development of technical comparator financial models.
Determination of financial viability from generator, masterplanner, Energy Services Company (ESCo) and developer perspectives.
- Carbon modelling for all identified potential technical solutions.
Contractual Structure & Negotiation 4 of 7
Contractual Structure & Negotiation
- Advisory services in formation of SPV, both at funding and delivery levels.
- Preparation of development agreements for pre-construction relationships and managed service agreements for post-construction.
- Preparation and structuring of standard agreements for pre and post-construction, and concessions.
- Development of standard customer facing proposals and associated agreements, to include connection/heat supply agreements.
Procurement Management 5 of 7
- Support development of procurement strategy and procure ESCo services on behalf of energy generators, local authorities, developers or master-planners.
- Procurement of design & technical delivery partners on behalf of energy generators and ESCo's.
- Procurement of specialist services to support planning applications and other scheme authorisations.
Planning & Construction 6 of 7
Planning & Construction
- Manage all aspects of planning application for the ESCo related assets from pre-planning to gaining full planning application.
- Manage the construction of the energy assets in partnership with the prime developer and aligning with their delivery programme.
- Supporting client's legal teams, we manage and negotiate easements, wayleaves and other access agreements required for the operation of energy assets.
- Manage specialist services eg: environmental impact assessment, unexploded ordnance threat assessments, heritage and archaeology investigations and transport assessments to achieve planning.
Customer Sales 7 of 7
- Utilising our heat mapping activities identification of potential retrofit customers.
- Direct customer contact to understand their energy needs and determine interest in connection.
- Production of customer specific counterfactual models to show if the heat network solution can provide them with a saving both in cost and carbon emissions.
- Negotiate network connection fees and agreements on behalf of the ESCo and coordinate with the delivery partner for implementation.
- Co-ordinate customer focussed events to promote the services of the ESCo to local communities to encourage further network growth.