- June 3, 2020
- Posted by: Ener-Vate Team
- Category: District Heating
Our Associate Consultant, Andy Kirwan, has recently successfully completed the online training on Hotmaps, the open-source mapping and planning tool for heating and cooling.
The training included:
- Mapping of heat demand and resource potentials
- Identification of potential district heating areas
- Calculation of costs for central and decentral supply options
- Development of indicators for certain heat demand and supply scenarios
The toolbox enables the ability to identify, analyse, model and map resources and solutions to supply energy needs within their territory of responsibility in a resource and cost-efficient way.
Andy, together with 121 different people from 27 different countries, took part in several exercises and webinars and learned how to apply the toolbox features to various scenarios.